Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Rock in the Stomach

I've always been really sensitive to eating and exercising. I need to eat enough to exercise, if I don't then I'm too shaky to exercise, but if I eat too much, then I feel like I have a rock in my stomach. That's kind of what happened to me today. Weird thing is, I really didn't eat a lot of calories, but it was a filling meal. Normally, I try to eat something like a bowl of noodle soup or lately I've been having oatmeal with a few strawberries since one bowl of oatmeal only has 100 calories.

I picked up some yummy looking salmon in one of these freeze dried packs today at the store, so I had that with some salad greens. Because there was lots of sauce, I didn't need any dressing for the greens either. The total meal was less than 200 calories, but it stuck with me, maybe a little too much because I felt too full to do the 40 minute walk I'd been doing the past few days. I still got out there and managed to do 1.7 miles but it took me about 30 minutes to do it, much slower than usual.

But I did it, lugged my rock-stomach/fat butt around the neighborhood and back.

Any way, it's getting late (my time stamp on this blog is so wrong) and I have to get a few loads of laundry finished up and figure out my meal plan for tomorrow. I'll be at work part of the day, at my "real" (sucky) job, so I need to make sure I'm not tempted by those oh, so yummy sugar donuts that are dangling in the snack machine: “Come on, Baby. You know you want me! Just slide those coins in the slot and I’m yours!”

No comments: