Thursday, June 15, 2006

Finding Fruit Again

One of the things C. told me to do was to eat lots of fruits and vegies. The vegie part isn't that hard because I love them, and even as a child, I've never been much of a meat eater. I drove my poor mother over the edge many a time because I wouldn't eat my pork chops. Now, hand me a carrot, some baked beans, and a roll and I'm good to go. While I eat a lot more variety than I did as a child, I'm still like that to a certain extent.

I also love fruit, and the thing with Weight Watchers was that you really couldn't eat a lot of it because it's high in surgar. Sure, it's natural, but still, on the WW diet I had to be careful about the amount of fruit I had, points, points, points you know. Just about any piece of fruit was 1 to 2 points, and if you have a few pieces, then that could be as much as 4 points. When you are on an 18 point day, well, that sort of eats into other food.

So, this has been a little liberating for me. Now, of course, the jury is still out on whether or not all this fruit is going "flush me out" as C. put it, or whether all those natural surgars will show up on Monday when I weigh in, but for now, I'm trying to do my best to have at least a few cups of fruit a day.

Today is another day I have to eat away from home, which I know will be hard. Pizzoodles is calling, but I'm resolved to zero cheating this week. I actually have a pretty good lunch planned with mixed greens, salmon, tomatoes, and some ginger dressing. Hopefully, it will seem just as yummy while I probably watch my workmates munch down on some hoagies or pizza. Oye!

No comments: