Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Party's Ova

Well, the party was wonderful. My baby sister did a fabulous job organizing and hosting it. And, my older sister who lost 29 lbs. looked like she could be the sister of her teenage daughter. There was a lot going on and I was getting in some smoochie time with my nephews, so I didn't get the details on the diet, but she did LA weight loss and it sounds for the most part like a high protein approach. Moot point for me since there isn't an LA place even in my county, but it does bring me to my next step: How am I going to approach my next attempt at weight loss?

Do I join back with Weight Watchers? They have an online program, and I have lost weight with them a number of times. But, while it does come off, keeping it off has been the problem.

What about trying something new? What about other on line weight loss programs like The Biggest Loser Club? They seem to concentrate on calorie counting from what I can tell.

On the way to and from the party, I babbled to my husband about all this, and his not so warm and fuzzy answer but obviously correct response was "It's all about discipline."

He's right.

So, I'm not going to join any club or program right now.

For the next 4 weeks, I'm going to do a combination of WW points and also count calories. I've started a food journal that I'm keeping on my computer, just put it into a Word document in table form, and I'm going to just write down what I eat, include the points, and the calories. I've started today, but tomorrow is really when I plan to weigh in and get serious. Today, is sort of a practice run. Getting my food journal organized and getting to know a calorie counting book I purchased. It took me forever to find an egg listed in there.

Believe it or not, I've never even counted calories before. So, my breakfast which included 1 egg, a little cheese, and a light english muffin was a whopping 238! Sobering!

That's it for now. I wanted to thank a number of my webby friends for their support so far concerning this journal. Hopefully, this motivation will continue....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, it really does come down to discipline. Consuming less calories/fat grams/etc. and burning more through exercise. There are lots of different ways to make it happen, so I'm sure you'll find the right approach for you.

Once you get your food journal in order and start recording what you eat, be sure to add in the component of an exercise journal (or call it a movement journal if you don't like the "e" word) and keep track of what you do to burn additional calories.

Good luck! I'll be cheering your progress.

Rhys said...

FABULOUS blog, and I love the name! Congratulations for taking on one of the hardest things to do ever...take those steps to make a healthier you. It's a constant struggle, isn't it?

But if anyone can do it, you can. I'm going over to fitday right now to set up an account. :)

fatand40 said...

Mary Jo- Good point about exercise. FitDay does have that, so I'll keep logging it.

Rhys - Thanks! I'm actually 42, but hey, I can't rename the blog every time I have a birthday!