Friday, September 01, 2006

Back Into the Green Pants!

I've been pretty good all week, sticking to around 1500 calories, and yesterday my pants felt a little on the lose side. So, this morning, I took the "green pants" test and passed. I'm back in baby!

More good news is that my walking DVD showed up yesterday. I had to work most of the day at my crap job and it had been raining all day, plus my job is extra boring, so the day just dragggggeeeddd. I was really tired and arguing with myself on the way home about exercising. Could I go for a real walk? Would I get rained out? The skys were not looking good.

My new DVD was there to greet me when I got home, and I knew I had to at least try it out. There are 3 workouts on this DVD, a 1 mile, a 2 mile, and a 3 mile. I did the 1, which was only 18 minutes long, just to test the waters.

I was pleased to discover that she also uses hand weights, so I'll have to dig mine out. Today, though, I'm going to try the 2 mile. The 1 was okay and suprisingly I did get a little sweaty, but it was not really that challenging. I know I can easily do the 2 if not the 3. Another cool thing on this DVD is that she tells you how far you've walked throughout the exercise, so that's motivational.

Now, I just have to hang tough these next two days before my weigh in on Monday. Actually, I'm not anticipating too much trouble because I work all weekend. Yes, it's a holiday, but hey, that's one reason I call this a "crap-job." I just have to make sure I pack plenty of low-cal healthy food, and I should be okay.

No comments: