Friday, September 08, 2006

Undoing My Good Work

I've held off posting until I got the news from the scale this morning: no change.

On the one hand, of course, I'm grateful that the few paltry pounds I've lost did not return, but on the other, it's very frustrating that my occasional slips make such a huge impact on my lack of weight loss.

I could understand this better if I was secretly scarfing down a pint of ice cream every night, or even every other night, but the handful of nuts, piece of lunch meat, or egg salad sandwich now and then is obviously enough to undo all my good work the previous days.

My dissertation defense grows nearer and that means my shopping date, scheduled for late Sept. does as well. At this rate, I'll be lucky if I lose 5 pounds let alone 10!

So, yes, I'm pretty disgusted with myself. In fact, it is very tempting to say f-it and throw in the towel, but the thing is that I know I can do this. I've done it before. My usual issue has to do with keeping the weight off once I lose it. It's a matter of dedication and consistency. So, no. I'm not going to say f-it. I'm going to say a big F, how's that? But I'm still determined.

No comments: