Monday, September 04, 2006

Weigh in Day Switch

My official weekly weigh in day has been Monday, but starting this week, I'm switching it to Friday. I got this idea from a fellow co-worker who does hers on Fridays because she explained that she often gets into trouble on the weekends, and this way she has the rest of the week to recoup. I think this is the case with most people.

For example, this weekend I had great plans. Heck, I was even working all weekend and would be away from home and temptation, or so I thought. But, of course, I'd forgotten that on Friday (when I wasn't there) a party was thrown for someone who was leaving. So when I got to work and put my oh-so-good-low-cal lunch in the frig, I opened it to find loads of yummy food. Now, actually, I was pretty good. I scumbed to some of those tiny triangle sandwiches, you know the kind that have tuna and egg salad in them, but that's about it. Still, it wasn't on the food plan for the day.

To top it off, yesterday at work we were one person short, so I ended up having to work in circulation and reference both and that meant going up and down the stairs all day. We do have an elevator, but I figured I could use the exercise. Plus our elevator smells like BO, so I do my best to avoid it. But, all this meant that I was exhausted when I got home and didn't do any exercise liked I'd hoped.

So, Fridays it is. I am resisting the urge to step on the scale today. My green pants still fit, so that is enough for me now. Hopefully, I can keep it together for the rest of the week and have a pleasant surprise on Friday.

No comments: