Wednesday, September 06, 2006

When There's No Excuse

Yesterday, I so didn't feel like exercising. I'm not exactly sure what the deal was, maybe the fact that my allergies have been acting up, probably more so that I'm just lazy, but I really had almost no motivation last night. What is weird too is that the day before I actually went walking, outside no less, for 55 minutes for a total of 3 miles. I managed to catch a time that it didn't rain, but it was so humid outside that I was literally dripping from head to toe when I got back.

So, why the very next day was I so not in the mood to exercise? Well, obviously, if I had the answer to that question I would be rich because I think most people have this hot and cold issue when it comes to exercise.

I kept debating and debating with myself until finally a little after 7 pm I realized I really had no excuse. Tired is not an excuse. I popped in my walking DVD and did the 2 mile routine, and you know what? When I plugged the stats into fitday.com, I realized that (according to fiday) I burned as many calories marching for 30 minutes as I did walking for almost an hours the day before, 164 to be exact.

I spent a short time on my high school drill team and we marched like maniacs after school, so this does make sense to me, but it was still a pleasant surprise, and afterwards I felt so much better that I had gotten off my tush and done something, runny nose and all.

No comments: