Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yeah Yee



Okay, Yee gets a thumbs up on this one. I'm not sure all yoga lovers will like this or not, and honestly, I question its "beginning" level. However, it has a lot of the movements that I enjoy doing, such as lots and lots and lots of sun salutations. And, of course, who doesn't love downward facing dog?

I got a wonderful stretch on the back of my thighs, and it got my heart rate up, so that's what I was looking for. In fact, this in general is why I like power yoga so much better than some other forms that have you constantly meditating or laying around. If want to do that, I'll take a nap. When I exercise, I want to break out into a sweat.

Plus, I have real issues with getting my mind to stop thinking. As I'm bending over in mountain pose, I can't help but think of stupid stuff like, "Hey, I need to clip my toe nails!"

No comments: