Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Past Time for Calcium

I've taken a multi-vitamin for years, but I am finally taking a calcium and vitamin D supplement. I know. I know. It's really past time for me to be taking these, and what is so stupid is (a) they are pretty cheap, about $5 plus there was a $2 coupon stuck on the box and (b) they actually don't taste that bad.

I'm such a baby when it comes to taking pills and medicine. If it tastes icky, then I just can't get it down, but these are sort of sweet tasting, probably because they are 10 calories each. Yes, can you believe it? My vitamins even have calories! Damn!

But, my mom's doctor is trying to talk her into taking some drugs because she has signs of osteoporosis, so she's been doing a lot of reading up on the whole thing lately and finally I listened to her (for a change) and started taking two of these puppies a day. Seems like, according her to her research, fat white chicks with small bones (yes, there are small bones under these layers of fat), who are fair skinned have a higher risk of this. To top it off, between my grandmother's issues and now my mom's, well, the writing is pretty much on the wall for me.

Hopefully, better late than never.

No comments: