Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ballerina Break Up

My life, as usual, is crazy right now. I'm still doing 20 hours at my crappy part-time job; I've started teaching one night a week at a local university; I'm setting up two web classes for me to start teaching in February at a junior college; I'm trying to get through a book (good but kind of depressing) someone gave me to review; and oh yes, I'm still trying to keep up with all my web writing and paid blogging gigs.

To say that it's hard to find time to exercise is an understatement. However, I've decided to make it a priority, even if that means my Christmas tree is still up - Yes! I know. I'm awful! - I am determined to get in some exercise every day.

One issue I've had along with the time thing is the energy thing. I know I need to exercise for more like an hour each day rather than 30 minutes if I really want to burn off some of this gut, but after 30 minutes, I'm exhausted. So a friend of mine, who also used to be a personal trainer, suggeted something I've been thinking about but just wasn't sure was doable for me - breaking up my workouts.

I know I can do 30 minutes; plus, it's easier to squeeze in a 30 minute workout than an hour long one. I don't expect to do this every day, but a good number of days I think I can. For example, yesterday I did 25 minutes of Yee, then later that evening I did 20 minutes with Leslie, and then the DH and I went on a brisk mile long walk with our dogs.

It felt great getting all that in, and while I know I just don't have the time to do that every day, I'm going to try it out on the days that are more my own, days I'm not at my PT job for example, because, though I have a lot to do, I can organize my time as I want to without literally punching a time clock.

I'm still counting calories, but I just know from past experience that exercising always is the key for me to lose weight. My body needs it, and metally, I always feel better when I've exercised regularly. I think some of that is from my dance days. I may be a big fat ballerina now, but I still have to move.

No comments: