Sunday, December 17, 2006

Doing Lunch

Due the holidays and the fact that I am so incredibly popular, I am booked big time for various "let's do lunch" events. Of course, who doesn't like to go out to eat? But, considering the fact that I've just been eating whatever lately, not being a pig but not being careful either, this just throws more temptation in my way. And it is so hard to eat right when you dine out. Luckily, one of my dates is with C. who always puts me to shame with her celery stick - no dressing - eating habits.

Then there's also the work issue. I have loads of it, more than ever it seems. How to "do lunch" and "do work" at the same time is tricky. And, I'm starting to stress now about my work load after the first of the year. I seem to barely handling things now. What happens when I'm teaching three classes at the same time? Two are on line, so at least that cuts down on traveling, but will I ever get away from my keyboard?

With the first of the year looming, I start thinking about all those "get in shape" and "eat right" plans I usually have, and I can't help but feel discouragd that I just won't be able to do it while I continue to juggle everything else going on in my life. I know. I know. Why stress now when you can stress after the first of the year? But, I always start my stressing early. I'm funny that way.

No comments: