Wednesday, December 13, 2006

6 More Months

The next 6 months are going to be, well, insane, though pretty much all good. I'm returning to the classroom and I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to helping students figure out where to put their commas and brainwashing them into discovering fab-o novels like Agnes Grey {heavy sigh}.

While I will still have my crappy library job (yes, teaching and writing and librarian-ing all at the same time! thus the insanity I speak of), I will only have it for 6 more months unless something totally unexpect happens, and hey, you never know. (Mental note: Call the retirement system guy again and ask him for the exact date, time, and second I can walk outa there!) There's always something weird going on there, so honestly, things could turn around tomorrow and I'd be a happy part-time librarian again. Until then, I have six more months to hide from the wicked witch of the X department, even if that means I'm unpacking boxes in acquisitions or filing invoices; so be it. Just because I'm a Dr. now, I'm not above a little druggery work. Actually, I like keeping busy. It makes the 8 hours go by so much faster. The old "look busy" thing I was never good at, you know.

Okay, enough flapping of the keyboard. The brownies are g-o-n-e. I managed to eat way more than I should, but I also told my husband, "If you love me, then you'll take at least half this box of brownies with you to work. For the love of God, man, don't leave me alone in the house with them!" So, onto more walking with Leslie Sansone.

No comments: