Tuesday, November 06, 2007

14.5 in 16

Yes, I know. I have been a bad fat and 40 blogger as I've not had time for fun blogging these days, but I have been a good fat and 40 weight watcher. In 16 weeks, I've lost 14.5 pounds and I'm comfortably down into the next size. I still have to weigh in this week, and I don't feel too confident, but I've learned it is really hard to tell sometimes when it comes off so slowly. And, it is coming off, so that is what I have to keep remembering.

I can't say that I've been one of those people who have tried a zillion diets. Most just don't appeal to me because I'm a little bit of a picky eater, but that's what I like about Weight Watchers. You can really eat the foods you want for the most part, even if you are like me and have a number of foods you don't like that are required on most diets - like milk. I can't tell you how many diets I read tell you to drink milk - ick, gag me, barf-0-matica! While WW does suggest you drink it because it's healthy, the reality comes down to the points and what you total up at the end of the day. So, what would I rather drink, milk or a lite beer before going to bed? Errr...nuff said.

I had someone comment awhile back about how she was having a hard time with the WW program, and I agree that the first few weeks are rough. Heck, it just is not easy to watch what you eat - period - the end. But, after the first few weeks, you can get into the groove and find little tricks that work for you, so I hope she stuck with it, at least to get over the two week hump.

No comments: