Monday, March 19, 2007

New Blog Book for Teachers

I've been doing some research on blogs for a few reasons. First, there's this article I'm writing for a journal that I hope is accepted, but I'm also working on a Basic Blogging class I'll be teaching this summer at the local lifelong learning institute. (more on that later)

I pulled up the catalog at work the other day to see if we had any new books on blogging, and voila, I found Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts, and Other Powerful Web Tools for Classrooms. It is written by Will Richardson, who just happens to write a blog I discovered about a week ago on the same subject, Wedlogg-ed. I'm only a little way into the book, but it looks promising.

As it happens, this semseter I have one of my web classes doing a project where they are encouraged to use blogs or other electronic forms of communication. I'm hoping I get inspired and come up with some other interesting blog-related ideas for school.

No comments: