Friday, February 23, 2007

Day 3 in Shangri-La

Today is day 3 for me on the Shangri-La diet. The past few days have been weird, gulping down olive oil and sipping my hot sugar water throughout the day. One thing that has been difficult is just remembering to do it b/c the books says to try to do one or the other an hour before and/or an hour after you eat. You should not take the oil or sugar while eating.

Also, I notice with the warm sugar water that it takes awhile to drink it down. He says, in fact, to try to make it last and digest it slowly. So, while I've been doing that, obviously, there's not be a lot of time to eat in between meals. Yesterday was not a typical day, so we'll see how it goes today b/c I'm home more.

Of course, my husband thinks I'm totally insane and that this is a bunch of BS, but after reading so many people on line (though many are men, granted) that this has worked for, I still feel like it's worth trying.

One thing I've noticed too before doing all of this is that I am basically a bottomless pit when it comes to food. Unless I eat a huge amount, say, for example, I go to a buffet, which I rarely do, then a simple meal does not fill me up. I just don't feel like I've had enough to eat. If I go out to lunch with coworkers, they are all holding their stomachs and complaining about being too full. I may eat the same thing and I could eat it all over again. So, that is my hope for this diet approach, I just want to eat and feel satisfied. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: