Friday, September 28, 2007

Dee Nile, Dee Nile, Dee Nile

C and I have a mutual friend who is dealing with a weight issue - or actually I should say not dealing with it. She was very ill about a year or so ago, got through that, and of course, it really whacked out her body. Now, she's very into all the organic food and health food, but she's also gained a lot of weight, something her doctors have told her now that she really needs to pay attention too or she could become sick again.

When C spoke to her about it, she said, "I know what the problem is. I don't eat enough." Huh?

This all comes from the idea that if you eat less your metabolism slows down and it makes it much harder for you to get the weight off, but that's really when you are dieting, which she isn't. And, because she's eating all organic food, she's under the impression that she's eating healthy. So, it's a whole game of denial (and we aren't talking about the river in Egypt!)

I was heading to Dee Nile myself recently because I've been at a stand still with my weight loss. After 3 weeks, still nothing! I haven't gained (thank God!), but I haven't lost either, and I've been telling myself "but I'm doing everything the same." Then I got real.

Since school started up about 5 weeks ago, I went from exercising 5 days to 4 days a week. Then there are those darn nuts my DH sets out every night. His low-carb diet is fine with a few nuts every night. In fact, he actually eats no dinner and then a cup of nuts at night. Me? Well, I would stop by the nut jar, take out a few, like 3 or 4, and then move on. But, add that over 7 days, and if you know anything about how many calories nuts have (zillions!) you get the picture.

So, I'm on day two of not sticking my hand in the jar, and so far, I added one night, 20 minutes, of exercise. I'm also really making sure I stick to my 20 points so far. As WW likes to say, "If you bite it, you write it."

No comments: