Monday, September 03, 2007

So, So, Slow!

Just a Weight Watcher's update - It's coming off but so slowly it's very hard not to get discouraged. In my previous WW attempts, it came off about 2 lbs a week. That was with following the plan, the occassional spurge but nothing major, and going to Jazzercise 3xs a week. If I didn't exercise, I was down to maybe 1 lbs or 1/2 lb a week. That was when I was in my 30s.
As C. has so kindly pointed out, "You'll never be that 30 year old girl again."
Right now, I'm in week 8 and have lost 8 1/2 lbs. I know it's coming off, but I'm basically doing what I did back then: following the plan, minor splurge but still using my extra points and nothing more, exercising 4-5 times a week a min. of 45 minutes doing low-impact aerobics. I'm lucky to 1/2 lb off each week now.
As the WW instructor said, "If you lost 1/2 lbs every week for a year, you'd lose 26 lbs." Err, yes, but back when I was younger, I'd do that in about 3-4 months!
So for all your 30 year old girls out there, get it off now and keep it off. From what my 50 year old friends say, it only gets worse.

No comments: